Divorce Lawyer in Oak Park IL
Cook County Family Law Attorneys Assisting Clients with Child Custody, Child Support, Marital Asset Division, and Adoption
The family law lawyers at Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC assist clients with complex issues such as filing for a divorce, formulating a parenting plan, relocating with children following a marriage dissolution, and pursuing adoption. We have over 15 years of experience in divorce and family law, and we are well-prepared to help you every step of the way. To receive the representation you deserve, contact our attorneys today.
Divorce Lawyers in Oak Park IL
Complicated issues surrounding divorce, child custody, domestic violence, adoption, and parentage can be difficult to navigate. Such complex issues can cause tension among family members and destroy relationships between loved ones. The attorneys at Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC simplify the complex issues surrounding divorce such as:
- Child Custody. Child custody, now known as Allocation of Parental Responsibilities, is one of the most contested issues in family law court. In Illinois, the laws surrounding custody are changing. Our family law lawyers are familiar with the new custody laws, including the new child support laws in effect as of July 1, 2017. We always consider the best interests of your children when helping you navigate these situations.
- Spousal Maintenance. A spouse that has not worked during parts of the marriage or is the lesser income earner may be entitled to maintenance. Our lawyers help you understand whether you are eligible for maintenance or can help you defend certain maintenance claims filed by your spouse. During a divorce, spousal support (formerly known as alimony) is calculated by considering several factors such as the couple's child support payments, each spouse's income, tax implications, and the number of years the marriage lasted.
- Asset Division in Family Business During Divorce. If a divorcing couple owns a family business, a divorce can be even more difficult to navigate. A family business has monetary and emotional value for all those involved in the business. Understanding how and when to value a family business is one of our skill sets.
- Prenuptial Agreements, also known as Premarital Agreements, are contracts entered before a marriage to ensure certain outcomes in the event of divorce or death. If these are not drafted correctly, they can be contested. Our family law attorney are skilled in the drafting and evaluation of these documents. We can also draft Postnuptial Agreements after the marriage occurs.
- Mediation or Collaborative Divorce. In addition to traditional litigation, our family lawyers are skilled in mediation training and collaborative (or cooperative) divorce. These certifications are earned after hours of continuing legal education and are taken seriously by our team.
If you and your spouse cannot agree on one or more issues in your divorce or need help finalizing an uncontested divorce, consult our experienced divorce attorneys to avoid escalating the situation and to ensure your best interest is represented.
Skilled Oak Park and Cook County Family Law Attorneys
The quality, compassionate legal representation and service we provide to our clients is why Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC is a notable name in law. Our dedicated attorneys strive to produce the results our clients desire. If you are facing a complex family law matter, do not hesitate. Call us at 312-605-4041, or contact us online for a free consultation. We serve clients in Oak Park, Cook County, and throughout the area.