Hinsdale High Net Worth Divorce Attorneys
Experienced High Asset Divorce Lawyers Serving Glen Ellyn, Skokie, Chicago, and La Grange
Even under the best circumstances, divorce can be difficult, however when a high level of assets or income is involved, complications can increase exponentially. You deserve an attorney with the experience and skill necessary to make sure your case is handled with professionalism, with the utmost privacy in mind. If you are involved in a high net worth divorce it is even more crucial to have a divorce attorney by your side highly trained in such issues as: complex taxation, support obligations, tracing of assets including offshore and international accounts, valuation of businesses and other properties, land trusts and other revocable or irrevocable kinds of trusts, premarital agreements, qualified or non-qualified retirement accounts, restricted stock, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders, knowledge of tax ramifications, and other complex property distributions.
The attorneys at Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC, understand that those involved in a high net worth divorce are not likely to share bank accounts, business assets, investments, and other high value assets. It is essential to have an attorney with the experience and skill to carefully investigate the assets to be separated, determine marital vs. non-marital assets, and obtain the best possible value for all assets involved.
Issues Associated With High Net Worth Divorce
Some of the more common issues associated with high net worth divorces include:
- Assets (which may be held in trust) for either spouse must be evaluated and properly divided or offset with other assets;
- The value of business assets—especially when one spouse participates in a family owned business, or one spouse has a medical or legal practice—must be determined;
- The future earning capacity of one or both spouses must be determined, particularly when professional licenses or degrees were obtained during the marriage;
- The value of stocks, bonds and real estate must be carefully determined, divided in an equitable manner, and transferred when necessary;
- Tax issues must be properly addressed to avoid unnecessary tax issues following the divorce;
- Deferred compensations, stock options and other corporate benefits must be assessed;
- The value of retirement funds such as pensions, IRA’s and 401(k) accounts, must be properly assessed and divided;
- Such high worth assets as furnishings, automobiles, jewelry, art collections, club memberships, timeshares and vacation properties must be valued and divided;
- If it is suspected that assets are being hidden or dissipated, the assets must be discovered, and adjustments made for any dissipation of marital assets; and
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements must be assessed and legally adhered to, or contested through appropriate litigation.
How We Can Help with Your High Net Worth Divorce
Our law firm has the experience in all issues surrounding your high net worth divorce. We will work hard to ensure you and your children can maintain your current lifestyle and protect your privacy following your divorce. Our lawyers will work with professionals in order to properly assess and value all marital assets. Attorney Maxine Weiss Kunz spent many years working for Rosenfeld Hafron Shapiro & Farmer, one of the top law firms in the Chicago area, and brings large firm experience with small firm personalization and attention to high net worth divorces—particularly when a business must be dissolved to ensure an equitable division of assets.
Maxine Weiss Kunz has successfully negotiated and litigated complex cases involving sports figures, business owners, and other professionals, and has gone up against some of the regions most well-known and prestigious law firms. She will use that experience to ensure your case is given the proper attention and privacy you demand. Contact Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC today to schedule a consultation.