Attorney Amanda M. Oliver
Amanda M. Oliver (formerly Amanda M. Sleezer) is a Partner of Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC. Ms. Oliver has focused on cases involving child custody, visitation, child support and parentage matters, estate valuation and account tracing, prenuptial agreements, and various other pre-decree and post-decree issues.
A graduate of Millikin University (B.A. Political Science/Pre-Law, 2003) and The John Marshall Law School (J.D. 2006), Ms. Oliver has interned with The Children’s Law Center and The Employment Justice Center in Washington, D.C., as well as with both litigation and family law firms in Chicago. Ms. Oliver was also elected to The John Marshall Journal of Computer and Information Law (JCIL).
Ms. Oliver was admitted to the State Bar of Illinois and to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in 2007.
Ms. Oliver is a member of the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Lake County Bar Association.
- Family Law
- Premarital and Postnuptial Agreements
- Appeal Prosecution and Defense
- Parentage/Paternity Actions
- Collaborative Law
- Child Representative/Guardian ad Litem
- Uncontested Guardianships
- Dissolution of Same Sex Marriages
- Illinois, 2007
- United States District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2007
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2006
- Millikin University, B.A, Political Science/Pre-Law, 2003
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyers, "Super Lawyer," 2017
- 10 Best Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- National Advocates Top 40 Under 40, 2015
- Top Women Attorneys, Chicago Magazine, 2013
- Super Lawyers, "Rising Stars," 2012-2013
- "Advice to young attorneys: How to grow your career," Illinois State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division Newsletter, 2016
Bar Memberships & Affiliations
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
- NBA Retired Players Association, Advisory Board