Attorney Afsha F. Gillani
Afsha F. Gillani joined Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC in 2016. Afsha has focused her legal career in family law and prior to joining Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, Ms. Gillani practiced in the area of family law in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, where she handled cases involving divorce, paternity, child support, child custody and visitation. Additionally, Afsha has experience in litigating Hague Convention cases at the trial and appellate court levels.
A graduate of Emory University (B.A. Educational Studies, 2012) and Suffolk University Law School (J.D. 2012), Afsha developed her interest in assisting her clients through difficult decisions and often emotional situations through her work with the Suffolk University Law School Education Advocacy Clinic and legal internships with law firms in the Boston area.
- Family Law
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities (Child Custody)
- Child Support
- Illinois, 2012
- Suffolk University Law Boston, Boston, MA, J.D., May 2012
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA, B.A. Educational Studies, 2009
Bar Memberships & Affiliations
- Chicago Bar Association, Former Vice Chair of Young Lawyers Section’s Education Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Lake County Bar Association, Member
Honors and Awards
- Hilliard Award Recipient for Outstanding Committee Service, Chicago Bar Association, 2012